Even though we literally live for bread, we like to use peanut butter for more than just sandwiches. This recipe for peanut butter cookies is a staff favorite. They are the perfect combination of soft, chewy and rich. Although the traditional recipe suggests Peanut Butter & Co.’s more traditional “Smooth Operator,” we suggest revving up these cookies with “Dark Chocolate Dreams” or “White Chocolate Wonderful” and get ready to eat them all!
· 2 2/3 cups flour
· 2 teaspoons baking soda
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 cup butter (at room temperature)
· 2/3 cup Peanut Butter & Co. “Smooth Operator” Peanut Butter
· 1 cup sugar
· 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
· 2 eggs
· 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
· Additional sugar
· 5 dozen Hersey Kisses, unwrapped
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, and baking soda. In a separate bowl cream together butter and both brown and white sugar until smooth. Add peanut butter. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth. Then slowly add the dry ingredients. Mix until combined
3. Make balls out of level tablespoons of dough - add flour to hands if needed. Roll balls in sugar.
4. Bake 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet for 8 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and add 1 kiss to the center of each cookie. Press the kiss into the cookie so it cracks a little bit. Return to the oven and bake for 2 more minutes.